Thursday, October 16, 2008

The season end of marching band

This is our last week of marching band - there is a game Friday and a competition over the weekend. I am looking forward, a little reluctantly to the end. I have enjoyed helping out at the games and the competitions I've been able to go to. They have really done well this year. Mr. K works well with the kids and does a fantastic job of organizing them (there are 140 students in band). Carissa has really enjoyed it. She had to choose between band and choir going into high school. I think she is happy with her choice.

From the band director, Mr. Konwerski:
"Thank you to all for your help and support with the Marengo Show. The kids did wonderfully, they had a third place finish in both the parade and field competition, as well as being fourth overall in the entire show. Upon further review of the scores, I also learned that our drum majors tied for best drum majors with the band that received the award – Oak Creek. For some reason the tabulators at Marengo missed that."

No comments: