Sunday, October 19, 2008
Primary Program
Today was our Primary Program. It went really well. We treated the kids to cake afterward during Sharing Time (because they did a good job and also because it was the Primary President's birthday and she wanted to have cake). Michael and I sang "A Child's Prayer" - yes, you read that right. I sang in church - by myself (and with Michael) in front of the whole congregation - everyone thought Michael was so brave - actually he did admit to being a little nervous. He sounded great. He has a very strong voice and is always right on key. I am hoping this was a once in a lifetime event (for me). He didn't think it was so bad and said he would do it again - which is why I agreed to do it. I wanted him to have the experience because he is such a good singer and so that he wouldn't be afraid to do it again. - The things parents do for their kids - if they only knew.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
A couple of years ago, I was asked if I would sing Teach me to Walk in the Light with my children in the primary Program. The only child who willingly agreed to do it was Ada. So just the two of us ended up doing it together. She was excited but nervous and she asked me to sing her part in her earwhile she sang it loud, which I did and then when it was my turn she looked up into my eyes with such a sweetness that I started crying and barely got through my part. It was a really sweet moment.
I made the mistake of looking at our home teacher (who is notoriously a baller) - he was sitting right in front of the pulpit about 2 rows back. It was a good thing Michael sang first because I had that time to compose myself or I would not have been able to get through it.
I made the mistake of looking at our home teacher (who is notoriously a baller) - he was sitting right in front of the pulpit about 2 rows back. It was a good thing Michael sang first because I had that time to compose myself or I would not have been able to get through it.
I made the mistake of looking at our home teacher (who is notoriously a baller) - he was sitting right in front of the pulpit about 2 rows back. It was a good thing Michael sang first because I had that time to compose myself or I would not have been able to get through it.
Post a Comment