Tuesday, September 23, 2008
Marching Band
Carissa is the one with her hand hiding her face. Of course, as soon as I had taken the picture, the battery on the camera died. So I couldn't take any more and of course, I forgot to bring the camera to the competition last Saturday. Although one of the other parents said they would email photos to the director so he could distribute to parents. She plays the mellophone for marching band and the french horn for concert band. This is at the Homecoming parade. Last Saturday, they competed in the Phantom Regiment Competition and placed 2nd in their class and 3rd overall. A great showing for their first competition with a new director - he has directed before but this is his first year at Huntley. Probably about 1/3 of the band are freshmen. They are playing Distorted, Reve Rouge, and Urban from Cirque du Soleil.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
If anyone else is as clueless as I am, they can find out what a mellophone is here. Is Carissa being camera shy here?
Yes, I'm not allowed to take photos when she is in public. Otherwise, she will pose away.
Post a Comment