Homecoming week was a flurry of activity. First there was band practice, and then the parade, the actual homecoming game and then the dance,. All of which took place on separate days. The only optional activity for Carissa was the dance, which of course in her mind, was not optional She went with a group of friends. I made the mistake of offering to make her a dress on top of being a parent helper at the parade and game. It was 3 rather sleepless days, but the end result turned out well. She had a good time. I guess that's all that matters. The dress experience did make me appreciate mom a whole lot more. It's also a good idea to not let more than 10 years go in between making a dress - I did a lot of seam ripping.
Tuesday, September 23, 2008
Homecoming Week
Homecoming week was a flurry of activity. First there was band practice, and then the parade, the actual homecoming game and then the dance,. All of which took place on separate days. The only optional activity for Carissa was the dance, which of course in her mind, was not optional She went with a group of friends. I made the mistake of offering to make her a dress on top of being a parent helper at the parade and game. It was 3 rather sleepless days, but the end result turned out well. She had a good time. I guess that's all that matters. The dress experience did make me appreciate mom a whole lot more. It's also a good idea to not let more than 10 years go in between making a dress - I did a lot of seam ripping.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I will not be making any of my girls' dresses, if we end up moving out of Utah before a semi formal or formal dance comes up, I'll just have to have them look online for a modest dress. I could not do that! Well, I could, if I had Mom halping me, but I don't want to. It makes me nuts to have to rip out seams and that's all I do when I sew..and don't even get me started on getting the machine's tension right AARGH!
Carrisa looks beautiful, and "little bit" will be just like her. Lovely dress, Chantalle. What a cute photo. Truly a keeper for years to come.
I miss everyone so much. I feel like I'm missing out on all the cool stuff :( Tell Carrisa she looked beautiful
Post a Comment