Thursday, September 25, 2008

Ice cream social

We decided to go to Cold Stone tonight for their make-a-wish ice cream social. Between me and the kids, we tried both creations but decided that Jack's was better (marshmallow ice cream, oreos, chocolate chips and fudge) than Emily's (nutter butter ice cream, kit kats, white chocolate chips and yellow cake). The kids wanted to keep going back for more, but it was one per customer - especially since we hadn't eaten dinner yet. We ate our ice cream al fresco which was really nice, except for the hoards of bees wanting to participate. Then we went to the park and played to get rid of all those extra calories. We will definitely make this an annual tradition.

2 comments:

buttercup said...

Was it majorly crowded. I often am wary of "FREE" things in Utah. You have to know when to go and when not to go. Like when we had a Ben & Jerry's I took Tessa to Free ice cream day in the middle of the day before school was out to avoid the huge crowds. But since the coldstone event was only a couple of hours, I decided it might be better to not go.

ilikehearts said...

The line we waited in was to the door from the counter. They already had the icecream made up and when you got to the counter, you just had to ask for Jack's or Emily's and they handed it right to you. The next closest one is about a 30 minute drive. I was concerned that the line would be incredible, that I'd have to park a mile away, etc. But I was able to park in the little strip mall they are in. We were probably done in 20 minutes or less and that included writing our names on little cards they were going to post and eating our ice cream. We did go right at 5:00 so that may have helped.